Nampa Business Facts
Nampa is the second largest city in Idaho and one of the fastest growing cities in the Northwest. As part of the Boise City-Nampa MSA, Nampa offers the amenities of a growing metropolitan area balanced with an amazing quality of life. Nampa has a diversified economic base with a strong history of agriculture and food processing, manufacturing, distribution and technology.
What others are saying about our area...
- Idaho ranked the friendliest state for small business- CNN, 2012
- Ranked #10 Best City for Jobs by Forbes in 2012
- Ranked the 6th Most Inventive State- CNN, 2012
- Considered the 7th most economically vital metropolitan area by the Brookings Institution.
- Ranked #5 in workforce strength by CNBC 2011, and #8 in workforce strength and cost of business in 2010.
- Nampa has been named one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People by America's Promise Alliance.
Nampa is a progressive, business-friendly city
The City of Nampa has adopted a progressive and innovative new land use plan. We take pride in our development process which features:
- "One-stop shop" plan reviews with the building, fire, planning & zoning, engineering and public works departments.
- Fast permitting.
- Efficient and limited design review.
- Competitive fees.
The city has a forward-looking approach to ensuring critical infrastructure is available to support development. Businesses in Nampa pay less for insurance, thanks to the Fire Department's Class 2 rating. Nampa is one of only two cities in the state to reach this designation, and no other city in the state scores higher.
Nampa is a strong and growing market
- Since 2000, Nampa has consistently been one of the fastest growing cities in Idaho.
- The Boise-Nampa MSA was the 13th fastest-growing metro area in the US in 2008.
- Approximately 2 million square feet of retail space has been constructed within the city.
- Nampa is centrally located within the metro area and an ideal location to reach all western US markets.
- Excellent commercial and industrial land available.
Economic development is a priority in our community
- Strong 550 member Chamber of Commerce.
- Active Downtown Business Association.
- Partnership with area universities.
- Regional cooperation and marketing through Boise Valley Economic Partnership.
- New valley-wide public/private campaign for economic development, the Valley Initiative for Prosperity.
- Nampa is home to the Boise State TECenter, supporting entrepreneurs and business innovation.
- The City of Nampa's Office of Economic Development is dedicated to helping businesses succeed and expand in Nampa. We can assist with:
- Existing business support
- Cost comparisons
- Demographics and community information
- The development process
- Property searches and site location
World-class companies thrive here
Successful businesses from many industries have chosen to operate in Nampa. Here are a few:
- Amalgamated Sugar
- Plexus Corporation
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Home-Style Industries
- Great American Appetizers
- Woodgrain Millwork
- Boise, Inc
- Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Fleetwood Homes
- Union Pacific Systems
- Sorrento Lactalis